Visual learner? Here’s a video of these steps.
Removing your contacts can be a little intimidating for first-time wearers but take a deep breath and relax because you’ve got this! Follow the step-by-step instructions below and you’ll be a pro before you know it:
- Gather your supplies – a solid colored towel, your lens case, and contact lens solution.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly.
- Place your solid colored towel in the sink (in case you drop your lens).
- With the hand you won’t be using to take your lens out, use your pointer finger to lift your upper lid toward your eyebrow, pressing the lid against the bone.
- Take the middle finger of your other hand and press the bottom lashes, pulling them down toward your cheek.
- Keep your eyes wide open and look straight ahead.
- Take a deep breath and relax, you’re doing great. 😊
- With your thumb and forefinger of your bottom hand gently pinch the outer edges of the lens toward each other and the lens will bow and come away from your eye as you continue to pinch your fingers together.
- Gently remove your lens with your fingers.
- Place the lens in your contact case.
Repeat these steps with your other eye, and you’re done! Remember to clean your contact lenses every day (if you aren’t wearing dailies). Need help? Check out our quick video on how to properly clean contact lenses.