In some circumstances, our use of your information will be subject to the requirements of the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (commonly known as "HIPAA"). For example, when you open an account and submit information regarding a prescription order, that information is subject to HIPAA requirements. In those circumstances, our Notice of Privacy Practices will also apply. If you have questions about which policy applies to the information you have submitted, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
By using our Services you are accepting the terms described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please uninstall the mobile application from your device and stop using the Services. If you continue to use the Services you express that you accept this Policy.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Services we collect information in three ways:
- information you provide to us,
- information we collect when you use our Services (for example using “cookies” and other technologies); and
- information we receive from third parties (for example third-party analytics or advertising providers).
Below we explain each of these ways in more detail:
Information you provide to us:
When you use our Services, we collect information that you choose to share with us. Here are some examples:
Use of our Website without an Account: You do not need to create an account just to browse our website or download the mobile application. When you use the website, even without creating an account, we still collect from you some of the information described in the “Information we collect when you use the Services” section.
User account, social media log-in: To use our Services you need to set up a user account, so we need to collect some information about you such as: such as name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card number, patient’s name (if different from your own), contact lens prescription, and the name and phone number of your eye care provider. If you use the option to log in with social media we will receive the information included in your public profile, such as your social media handle, you gender, age range, country, and language. Other Services, such as commerce products, may also require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Information you provide directly to us:
- records of you online purchases, or other transaction with us and the contents of your shopping cart.
- your participation in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey
- your participation in our loyalty/rewards program
- your request of customer service including dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us; or
- your participation in blogs and testimonials. If you provide a testimonial, you name will be posted along with the testimonial. Please remember that blogs and testimonials are located in the public areas of our website. Do not share content that you would not want others to save or share.
Communications with us, tech support: If you contact our technical support for assistance with the Services, or when you send us messages, or suggestions or communicate with us in any other way, we will collect the information you provide. If you take advantage of our live chat feature to receive technical support or ask general questions regarding use of our Services, we retain copies of the live chats. If our live chat is offline we will collect your name and email address so that we may reply to your request through our support desk.
Payment information: We collect information about your estimated location which may be deduced by various technologies including IP address. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses
Information we collect when you use the Services:
Camera and Photos: Our Services allow you to take and upload pictures of your prescriptions. If you grant us permission to access your camera or photos, you will be able to upload or share photos of your prescription from your camera roll. Please remember that your prescription contains sensitive information and delete them from your device when no longer needed.
Location Information: We collect information about your estimated location which may be deduced by various technologies including IP address. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses
Log file information: We collect log information which your browser or device automatically reports each time you interact with the services. This information may include:
- device information, such as hardware setting, web browser type and language.
- IP address, MAC address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g. device advertising ID)
- times you have accessed pages
- pages you have viewed
- searches you have conducted
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website
- remembering your preferences and allowing you to enter your user name less frequently;
- uniquely identify each user session when you access the services;
- compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the services are used;
- present you and communicate to you information that is targeted to your interests, including our content presented on another website and across devices;
- measure the effectiveness of our sites, services, content, communications and advertising, including by placing web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) which emails and links have been opened by recipients
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to disable cookies on your browser (see below) but doing so may prevent you from using the full features of the services. For information about your choices regarding these technologies please see “Your Access and Choices regarding your Personal Information” below.
Information we collect from third parties:
We may collect information about you from third parties including social media networks, advertising providers and analytics providers (see below) or publicly available sources. For example, we may receive information about you from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences with them. We combine that with the information we collect through our Services.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you in order to provide you with better Services with features that interest and work well for you as follows:
- communicating with you about the Services:
- by email or notifications within the mobile application. For example we may use email to respond to your technical support inquiries and to send you information about our products or services. For example we may update you that your prescription on file is about to expire or that it may be time to renew your contacts order;
- our marketing purposes:
- for example: using your information to deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications about our brands, products, events or other promotional purpose;
- for example: personalizing the Services by customizing the advertising content we provide you; and improving ad targeting and measurement. See the “Your Access and Choices regarding your Personal Information” section below for more information about our advertising practices and your choices;
- improving the Services: including:
- developing new products and services and improving them and your experience with them;
- monitoring and analyzing trends and usage;
- safety and security:
- enhancing the safety and security of our products and Services;
- verifying your identify, preventing or detecting fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- using information we collected from cookies and other technologies as stated above;
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information collected about you with the following third parties:
With analytics service providers and advertisers:
Some companies may use information collected on our Services to deliver advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, targeted to your interests and preferences, on our website or on other websites or applications you may visit, on your various devices, or on your social media feed and to gauge their effectiveness. To learn about your choices regarding this sharing of your information please see “Your Access and Choices regarding your Personal Information” section below.
For analytics, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics may set cookies on your browser or mobile device or read cookies that are already there to collect information. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from apps you have downloaded that partner with Google. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you use our mobile application and how you use our App. We use the information provided by Google Analytics to improve our mobile application and the Services. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
With service providers, sellers, and partners:
We share information about you with service providers to perform functions and process your data and to help provide our Services including hosting and storage providers, payment processors etc.
With third parties for legal reasons:
We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
With third parties as part of an acquisition or liquidation:
We are involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, corporate divestiture, reorganization, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company or if we undergo liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings, we may share your information in connection with such transaction or proceeding before and or after the transaction closes or the proceedings are completed.
Aggregated de-identified information:
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, or de-identified information and we do not limit our third-party providers from using, selling, licensing, distributing, or disclosing de-identified data.
With your consent: We may share information in other ways if you give us consent or direct us to do so.
4. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information. Please keep in mind that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication, and we cannot guarantee that the information collected about you will always remain private when using our Services. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
5. YOUR ACCESS AND CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Access and Updates to your Information. You can access and update most of your account information on our website by entering to "My Account". If you need to access, update, or delete other personal information that we may have, you can request it by changing it on "My Account", sending a request to email@example.com or calling us at 1-800 CONTACTS (1-800-266-8228) to speak with a Customer Service Representative. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information. We will try to update and allow you to access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will disclose the fee before we comply with your request. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful.
Closing your account: You may stop using the Services or uninstall the mobile application at any time. When you stop using the Services or uninstall the mobile application, we will no longer collect information from you, unless you choose to provide it, for example, by sending us an email. If you ask to delete your account, we proceed to delete it. We will retain certain information about you for as long as necessary in order to provide any Services you have requested. We will retain and use this information as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and then delete it.
Even if your account is closed or you uninstall the mobile application, keep in mind that third parties that received your information, like third parties we shared information with, may not delete it. Also deleted information may remain in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
For any privacy or data-protection-related questions, please contact us:
261 Data Dr
Draper, UT 84020
Emails, postal mail: You can stop receiving post or email communications – such as our newsletter – from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in the email communications. In addition, can do this by accessing "My Account", sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 1-800 CONTACTS (1-800-266-8228) to speak with a Customer Service Representative. We will retain your email address in order to be able to abide by your opt out choice. We make efforts to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g. purchase and billing confirmations and reminders (for example: notifications that your prescription has expired or that you may need to order new contacts), changes/updates to features of the services, and technical and security notices). If you choose to unsubscribe we will maintain your name in a “do not mail” file to ensure that we can honor your request. Unsubscribing or opting out of communications with us will not stop communications you receive from third parties separately. Please review their terms and conditions for relevant options for opting out of their communications.
Choices regarding the collection of your information:
Analytics: You can control the information provided to Google and opt out of certain ads provided by Google by using of the of the methods set forth in http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or use the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Cookies and other technologies: Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. Turning off the browser’s cookies will prevent web beacons from tracking your specific activity. The web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address, but unique information will not be recorded. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, and that may affect your ability to view images in other emails that you receive. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete the cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Advertising: You can understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/; or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website at http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/ or, if you’re located in the European Union ("EU"), at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu from your browser. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices and from your mobile device.
On your mobile device you may have features that allow you to opt out of some targeted advertising (“Limit Ad Tracking” (on iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android). To learn more about how these opt-out features work, please review your device settings.
Even if you disable the tracking, keep in mind that you may still receive interest-based advertising, including from third parties with whom your information had been previously disclosed and that you may still receive advertising from third parties, though such advertising may not be based on your interests and preferences.
6. YOUR OBLIGATIONS TO THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Use of the Services may include availability and use of applications created and controlled by third-party service providers (“Third-Party Applications”). When you use the Services you agree that you will be obligated to abide by the end-user policies of those Third-Party Applications. In particular, you are prohibited from:
- copying, downloading, modifying, or distributing any Third-Party Application, or any component thereof;
- reverse assembling, reverse compiling, or otherwise translating any Third-Party Application (except as specifically permitted by law without the possibility of contractual waiver);
- sub-licensing, renting, or leasing any Third-Party Application, or any component thereof;
- reselling, assigning or transferring the user rights granted under the end-user policies of any Third-Party Applications to any other person or entity;
- making any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation or derivative work from any Third-Party Application;
- violating any applicable law, rules or regulations in connection with your access to or use of any Third-Party Application;
- using any Third-Party Application for any purpose for which it was not designated or intended;
- using any Third-Party Application for any unlawful, obscene, offensive or fraudulent content, including advocating or causing harm, interfering with or violating the integrity or security of a network or system, evading filters, sending unsolicited, abusive or deceptive messages, viruses or harmful code, or violating third party rights;
- accessing or using the source code of any Third-Party Application.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Use of the Services is limited to individuals aged 13 years and up. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from the app, including the information or content contained in such websites or services, and this policy does not apply to them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our website, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. Please read the terms of such websites carefully and exercise care when providing your personally identifiable information.
9. BROWSER DO NOT TRACK
Our website and mobile application do not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
10. CROSS BORDER TRANSFER
We transfer, process, and store information about you on servers located in the United States. Therefore, your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States or other countries outside of the EU, whose data protection, privacy, and other laws may not provide the same level of protection as those in your country of residence. For example, government entities in the United States and other countries may have certain rights to access your personal information. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
By using the Services you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
11. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this policy or the services, please contact us at:
261 Data Dr
Draper, UT 84020
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, in our sole discretion. When we make changes we deem material we will provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., through the Services or by sending you an email. In some cases, we will notify you in advance of the changes taking effect. Your continued use of any of the Services after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Services under the new version of the policy, please uninstall the mobile application and cease using the Services.