In some circumstances, our use of your information will be subject to the requirements of the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (commonly known as “HIPAA”). For example, when you open an account and submit information regarding a prescription order, that information is subject to HIPAA requirements. In those circumstances, our Notice of Privacy Practices will also apply.
FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
If you are a California Consumer, please refer to 1-800 Contacts Privacy Notice for California Consumers.
If you have questions about which policy applies to the information you have submitted, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we collect from you varies, depending on the way you use our Services. We collect information from or about you in the ways described below.
Information You Provide To Us
When you use our Site or Services, we collect information that you choose to share with us. We collect several types of personal information from and about you when you use our Site or Services. This information may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit or debit card information
- Contact or glasses prescription information, and photos thereof
- Eye provider information
- Insurance information
Social Media Log-in: If you use the option to log in with social media we will receive the information included in your public profile, such as your social media handle, you gender, age range, country, and language.
Employment application: We collect personal information such as your name, address, e-mail, and phone number when you apply for employment with us through the Site. In addition, we may collect information relating to your education and employment history when you submit that information as part of an employment application. Not all requested information is required, however, and we specifically indicate what information is required in order to submit your employment application.
We also collect any information you choose to provide to us.
An App may utilize location services on your mobile device to collect and use location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. If you consent to the App’s utilization of location services, we may use GPS, Bluetooth, your device’s unique identifier, and/or your IP Address, along with Wi-Fi and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your device’s geolocation. This location data is utilized to initiate notifications or deliver services requested by you. We will collect geolocation data only if you consent, and you can determine and choose whether the location services will be always running or only when the App is in use through your Settings on your mobile device. You may choose to disable location services through our App, but if you do so, you will not receive any notifications or services that require a geolocation. Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. These controls are generally located in the device’s settings menu. You can also contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer for more information on disabling location services.
Other Information We Collect When You Use The Services
You do not need to create an account or provide personal information in order to browse or use our Site or Services. Our Site, however, collects certain information automatically about you and your use of our Site and Services that does not necessarily personally identify you, your interactions with us and information regarding the device you use to access our Site and Services (collectively “Other Information”). This information includes:
- device information, such as hardware setting, web browser type and language.
- IP address, MAC address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g. device advertising ID)
- times you have accessed pages
- pages you have viewed
- searches you have conducted
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our Website
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We may collect information about you from third parties including social media networks, advertising providers and analytics providers (see below) or publicly available sources. For example, we may receive information about you from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences with them. We combine that with the information we collect through our Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our Site and the Services we provide to you, including our marketing of our Services to you. We also use your information to communicate with you and to operate our business. More specifically, we may use your information to:
- Deliver our Services to you, including providing access to our Site’s online features, such as eye exams and prescription verification, completing and processing your online purchases or engaging in other transactions with us
- Communicate with you about the Services, including to respond to your customer service requests or respond to any other inquiry or correspondence you send to us
- Interact with you when you engage us on our Live Chat feature;
- Present you with marketing relating to our Services, including promotions, coupons and other discount offers, and more relevant display advertisements
- Provide you updates, reminders, or other informational or educational content
- Enable you to participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey
- Enable you to participate in our loyalty/rewards program
- Enable you to participate in blogs and post testimonials. If you provide a testimonial, you name will be publicly posted along with the testimonial. Please remember that blogs and testimonials are located in the public areas of our Site. Do not share content that you would not want others to read, save, or share
- Consider you for employment
- Analyze and improve the Site and Services: including developing and improving products and services, ,monitoring and analyzing trends and usage;
- Prevent, detect, investigate, or remediate security or other legal concerns, including fraud
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us our users, or any other person or the copyright-protected content of the Services
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements, or respond to subpoenas or government requests
- Fulfill any other purpose for which your provide it or consent
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information collected about you in the following situations:
With service providers, sellers, and partners:
- We share information about you with service providers to perform functions and process your data and to help provide our Services including hosting and storage providers, payment processors etc.
With third parties for legal or security reasons:
We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
With third parties as part of an acquisition or liquidation:
- We are involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, corporate divestiture, reorganization, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company or if we undergo liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings, we may share your information in connection with such transaction or proceeding before and or after the transaction closes or the proceedings are completed.
- We may disclose or share your personal information in connection with an employment application to verify the information you provide
- With your consent. We may share information in other ways if you give us consent or direct us to do so.
- We do not share personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Aggregated de-identified information
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, or de-identified information and we do not limit our third-party providers from using, selling, licensing, distributing, or disclosing de-identified data.
- remembering your preferences and allowing you to enter your user name less frequently;
- uniquely identify each user session when you access the services;
- compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the services are used;
- present you and communicate to you information that is targeted to your interests, including our content presented on another website and across devices;
- measure the effectiveness of our sites, services, content, communications and advertising, including by placing web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) which emails and links have been opened by recipients
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to disable cookies on your browser (see below) but doing so may prevent you from using the full features of the services. For information about your choices regarding these technologies please see “Your Access and Choices regarding your Personal Information” below.
Some companies may use information collected on our Site to deliver advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, targeted to your interests and preferences, on our Site or on other websites or applications you may visit, on your various devices, or on your social media feed and to gauge their effectiveness. To learn about your choices regarding this sharing of your information please see “Your Access and Choices regarding your Personal Information” section below.
You can understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website at http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/ or, if you’re located in the European Union (“EU”), at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu from your browser. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices and from your mobile device.
On your mobile device you may have features that allow you to opt out of some targeted advertising (“Limit Ad Tracking” (on iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android). To learn more about how these opt-out features work, please review your device settings.
Even if you disable the tracking, keep in mind that you may still receive interest-based advertising, including from third parties with whom your information had been previously disclosed and that you may still receive advertising from third parties, though such advertising may not be based on your interests and preferences.
How We Use Google Analytics
For analytics, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics may set cookies on your browser or mobile device or read cookies that are already there to collect information. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from apps you have downloaded that partner with Google. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you use our mobile application and how you use our App. We use the information provided by Google Analytics to improve our mobile application and the Services. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
You can control the information provided to Google and opt out of certain ads provided by Google by using of the of the methods set forth in http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or use the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information. Please keep in mind that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication, and we cannot guarantee that the information collected about you will always remain private when using our Services. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
YOUR ACCESS AND CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Access and Updates to your Information. You can access and update most of your account information on our Site by clicking on “My Account”. If you need to access, update, or delete other personal information that we may have, you can request it by changing it on “My Account”, sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 1-800 CONTACTS (1-800-266-8228) to speak with a Customer Service Representative. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information. We will try to update and allow you to access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will disclose the fee before we comply with your request. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful.
Emails, postal mail: You can stop receiving post or email communications – such as our newsletter – from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in the email communications. In addition, can do this by accessing “My Account”, sending a request to email@example.com or calling us at 1-800 CONTACTS (1-800-266-8228) to speak with a Customer Service Representative. We will retain your email address in order to be able to abide by your opt out choice. We make efforts to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g. purchase and billing confirmations and reminders (for example: notifications that your prescription has expired or that you may need to order new contacts), changes/updates to features of the services, and technical and security notices).
This Site is not directed at or intended for use by children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13. If we are made aware of such a situation, we will delete such information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from the app, including the information or content contained in such websites or services, and this policy does not apply to them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our Site, are subject to that third party’s own rules and privacy policies. Please read the terms of such websites carefully and exercise care when providing your personally identifiable information.
BROWSER DO NOT TRACK
Our Site does not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
FOR USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND SWITZERLAND
We do not offer our goods and services in or to individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
If you have any questions about this policy or the services, please contact us at:
261 Data Dr.
Draper, UT 84020