We all know we’re supposed to clean our contact lenses, but what about our lens case? When you don’t follow the proper steps to clean a case it can become a breeding ground for bacteria, possibly transferring to your lenses and causing an infection.
The following steps will help keep your lenses fresh and your pretty little peepers healthy:
- After you put in your contacts, empty all solution from the case (never re-use solution).
- Rinse the case with clean contact lens solution and rub the inside with your clean fingers.
- Allow the case to air dry upside down without the caps on until you’re ready to store the lenses again. If your case has silver nitrate lining, keep the caps on.
- If necessary, you can put the contact lens case in the dishwasher occasionally to disinfect it. Alternatively, you can place the case in boiling water for five minutes to sterilize it.
- Replace your case every three months. Every order from 1-800 CONTACTS includes a free case (except dailies).
Seems easy enough, right? Follow these steps for healthier, happier eyes.